Wednesday, April 13, 2016

K for Keeping routine (A to Z Challenge)

Daily routines are sacred for most people. For individuals with dementia, sticking to a routine is not only sacred, but a necessity. Change is difficult for those with Alzheimer's disease and keeping routine can relive a lot of tension. I like to plan my day too. During my 30 Day Minimalism Challenge I leaved a whole day unplanned - it was terrible!

Our daily routines can make a huge difference to how healthy, happy and productive we are. I'm in the process of adjusting my own routine in the hopes of getting more done and wasting less time in-between tasks or activities. So I started searching for routines of successful entrepreneurs and I really like the one of Benjamin Franklin. He starts his day with a question "What good shall I do this day?" and in the evening he asks himself  "What good have I done today?" I absolutely love this and I'm borrowing these two questions for my daily routine.


So long my friends,
Evalina

4 comments:

  1. Goodness! Ben didn't leave himself much time for sleep!! I follow a loose routine. I don't like to be stifled by strict time constraints or even a demand that something must be done each day.
    Revisit the Tender Years with me during the #AtoZChallenge at Life & Faith in Caneyhead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy routine, but I don't like to lock myself into it. But it is essential for those with any form of dementia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea I love that! It's really hard for me to plan in advance so I'm the opposite side of the spectrum but people that do plan intrigue me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my timetable is much much more structured than Old Ben's. He is just fluffing about!
    I always have lots of things on my mind so I use Google calendar and it syncs with my phone. I am able to set regular events such as birthdays, hairdresser reminders, bill reminders, whatever I need and these can continue for as many days, weeks, months or years that I wish. Because it is all digital I can delete items whenever I like, and these can be just once or even permanent. I get reminders too. I can link my calendar with other digital calendars. These things lift a huge burden from my shoulders and allow me more freedom.
    Old Ben would be left behind!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments. They mean a world to me, keep me inspired and motivated.